A big thank you to my awesome family for all of your help and hard work making progress on the house this week! A recap of some highlights:
-All of the popcorn has been removed from the ceilings! Very exciting! They look so much better and can now be properly CLEANED.
-All hazards identified by the City of Bloomington have been addressed and are ready for inspection on Monday from 10-12.
-The garage door is working!
-All nail and thumb tack holes have been filled in the dining room and master bedroom. That is several hundred holes because apparently they really liked nails and thumb tacks.
-Removed a lot of the mismatched trim and doors, getting it ready for pretty new trim and doors!
-I met another neighbor yesterday. She is a 75 year old woman with health problems who was afraid another deadbeat family was moving in. Her daughter had me come over to meet her and without knowing anything about me, they were both relieved. Apparently that means I don't look like a deadbeat! Woohoo! :-) The 75 year old mother clapped when her daughter said, "She's even mowing her lawn!" I guess the expectations aren't too high.
I will post pictures, but for now I need to go clean up after cutting down two dead branches from Heather's tree with a hand saw. That is much harder than you would think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment