Friday, July 2, 2010

Iowa house project

As if we weren't doing enough home renovations, we've also been working on fixing up an Iowa rental property for sale since April. I've spent many an hour painting the place, laying tile and then painting and painting some more. Here are some photos of the Iowa project. It is a shame I don't have some before pictures so you can see how beautiful it is now!
The front - new paint job, new screen door, ugly shrubs removed - actually now looks like the best house on the street

The living room with pretty fireplace, awesome built in shelves and refinished hardwood floors. I mixed the paint color from two different paint color rejects and it turned out great!

My favorite thing to do to all of the rental properties - paint the doors red! Learned a new technique at Sherwin Williams. Use a gray primer and the red covers 100% better than if you used a white primer. The results were very impressive. Color is Wild Poppy in case you are wondering :-)

This room is probably the most dramatic change in the whole house. When we started it had dark wood paneling, a window that was held in with putty and dark blue carpet that was saturated with water. Now it has a new window, the paneling was painted our lovely brown tone and Heather and I tiled the floor. I think it is now my favorite room in the house!


This one is located at 121 Wilmoth in Ames, Iowa. If you know of anyone with kids going to Iowa State University, it is located three block from campus and would be a great investment property! It has had a solid rental history for the past 11 years, but Mom and Dad are looking to get out of the rental business. Ahem, they have projects in Minnesota :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment